Here I Go

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Signs

I saw this circulating around facebook last week "30 signs  you're almost 30" and it couldn't be any closer to the truth.  Since I have always been a late bloomer I figured I qualified. 

 The full article here- 30 signs.  I just commented on the ones most relevant to my life.

1. You get carded, and your first instinct is, “AWESOME.”
  • In my early 20's I was always annoyed when I got carded and then I started taking offense when they didn't card me.  Talk about a rude awakening when they ask for every one's Id's at the table but mine.  Now every single time I get carded I think to myself I still got this! 
2. Instead of drunken party photos, your Facebook friends are all about the baby pics.
  • And these babies are turning 2, 3, 5, 7 and they just had them yesterday.  Facebook is a nice little daily reminder that I don't have kids yet and my future kids are going to be 3 by the time everyone else's are graduating high school .  
3. …and marathon times.
  • Guilty
 
4. You get super excited when you go to a concert and there are SEATS.
  • Personally I think all concerts should have seats and it should be mandatory to sit.
5. You start a story with “when I was in college” and realize that was 10 years ago.
  • or high school which was 14 years ago.  AHHHHH
 6. You’ve gone to a bar and left because it was too loud.
  •  or smokey and/or too many young people
7. You’ve become a sunscreen nazi.
  • How true is this?  I used to be a sun worshiper.  Now when I am in the sun I am fully protected and count the minutes until I can back into the shade.  I really want to put it on everyone I see and I have caught myself saying "have you put on your sunscreen/have you reapplied?"
  8.  You’ve experienced the dreaded TWO-DAY hangover
  •  I have never been able to handle alcohol but the 30 hangover is way worse than a 20 year old hangover. 
 9. You realize your parents were your age (or younger!) when they had you, and you start cutting them some major slack.
  • I am working on a whole blog about this. I realized this a couple of weeks ago (see always late to the game).  I was 8 when my mom was 32.  8 YEARS OLD.  She was getting divorced and in the midst of meeting my step-dad.  All at the age of 32.  Some days I can barely put one foot in front of the other and she had two kids.   
10.  Teen slang makes you viscerally angry.
  • I catch myself googling all of this slang.  Having to google slang automatically buys you a ticket into old age. 
 11. You start buying shoes based on “comfort.”
  • I have so many cute pairs of shoes but you will never see me wearing them when I have to walk more than a couple of feet.  I am rocking the orthopedic shoes at work. 
 13. You voluntarily buy the “fiber” cereal.
  • I have become uber concerned with my food choices lately.  More fiber, bye bye low fat/no fat, bye bye chemical shit storms.  Hello organic grass fed non caged chicken eggs for 3.79. 
 14. You get really excited about lame stuff, like low interest rates.
  • vita mix, vacuum cleaners, organic food, clarisonic.  All of these things fall  into the excitement category.  
15. You’d rather pay a little more for a “nice, clean” hotel room than cram into a hostel with 12 of your friends.
  • I would rather pay a lot more. I need a minimum of two pillows, blanket and a bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment