Here I Go

Saturday, July 13, 2013

4th of July Weekend

AKA the weekend that I met Andrew five short years ago.  I worked the last holiday so I was lucky enough to get this one off.  In true 4th of July fashion it rained.  I honestly wouldn't know what the 4th would look like without some type of inclement weather.  We decided to have a party and most people came out despite the rain.  As soon as we got the last thing into the social room it started to torrential down pour.



whomp whomp whomp

 Luckily we were able to rent the social room to take cover every time it rained the whole entire day. 


 There was quite the firework show complete with hundreds of Chinese lanterns.  It must be the new fad this year.  Everyone left around 9:30pm and Andrew and I decided to head back to the beach.  We were on our way upstairs and last minute decided to go back to the beach.  It is amazing how one little moment that seems so minute had such a big impact.  I can honestly say it was one of my favorite moments of the year.  Just the two of us, watching the fireworks and solving all the worlds problems.  In typical fashion we took a "selfie" and this is what we came up with.



Ha ha ha.  It cracks me up.  The flash was so bright we couldn't keep our eyes open. 

Friday my girlfriend and husband came over for a boat day.  It was another rain fest so we made the best of our day on land. We decided to walk down to a restaurant that Andrew assured us was a mile and a half away.  This was another one of those top moments.  We danced and laughed the whole way there.  We noticed that a mile and half sure felt a lot longer especially when a HUGE storm was coming at us.  Luckily we made it to the restaurant before it started pouring.

 










Saturday we woke up and the weather finally got its crap together but Andrew was insistent that we go check on Shotzie.  We don't really like to lay out in the sun so we decided to go home, check on Shotzie and then go run some errands.  I kept saying that I couldn't beleive we were going home when shotzie has only been alone for 48 hours.  We are starting to turn into real softies. 

Sunday we got up and headed back to Naples.  That was part of the agreement with coming home on Saturday.  I wanted to make sure we did something or I was going to go into work.  We found a little brunch spot on  the water.  Andrew hit up the bloody mary bar and I had a carafe of mimosas. After we went back to the beach and went on the boat for a couple of hours.  It was a fabulous weekend especially once mother nature started cleaning up her act.  A weekend that memories are made of!
 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment