Cell phone
So long story short, Kyle didn't see my cell phone in the room and it was left in Ireland. I believe the cleaning lady/man found my cell phone, called last person that called me, who happened to be my friend Lance. Lance called Andrew who feverishly tried working on getting my phone back into the states. Luckily I had the first iPhone ever invented and was able to switch service to that. Lets just say technology has come a long way. Ireland was unable to send my phone in the mail due to some rules about not shipping batteries. So fast forward approximately 200 dollars later, my amazing father and 2 weeks I have my cell phone in my hot little hands. It was a long two weeks. Andrew wasn't too happy about my little mishap. Something along the lines of how could I be so irresponsible? What was I thinking? yada yada yada.
Andrew's cell phone
So on Sunday we were at the beach and guess who went swimming with his cell phone? Mr. Responsible himself. Guess who's cellphone did not recover in the ole rice trick? Mr. Responsible himself. When we went to ATT I reactivated my cellphone and Andrew got my ole iPhone. Not going to lie I had a shit eating grin. Who swims with their cell phone? The same person that accidentally leaves their phone in Ireland. Accidents happen!
Change of heart
I had a change of heart over the weekend. I am sure my stress also contributed to my sickness. I have driven myself crazy over the last month with my decision to leave. I didn't really tell too many people until the last week that I was leaving. Every single persons response was the same, "WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?" Seriously......I am making a huge life decision and every person has the audacity to question my already fragile state. So that fired up my thinking into overdrive. And then my boss asked me to meet him on day 29 of my resignation and said, "I can't do this without you." So I really didn't want to start a new job, learn a new subject, have to work like a crazy person, be stuck in an office, have to show up to work at a certain time and work in subject that didn't really interest me. I did what I did best......hemmed and hawed and hemmed and hawed. Every person gave me different advice and then I followed my heart and called and told the new job that I was not starting on Monday. I think I made the right decision. I hope I didn't close a door that specifically was opened for me. So luckily I didn't tell too many people that I was leaving. The good news is we had a meeting and everyone agreed to start doing their part.
Sicker than
Holy moly I am pretty sure I have TB, hospital acquired pneumonia and influenza all wrapped into one. This is day 6 and it is not letting up. What ever I have it is relentless and I finally decided to succumb to antibiotics. First time I have taken antibiotics in years. Of course I have continued to work and go 100 miles a minute during my sickness which I know hasn't helped. Andrews family is in town so we have been hanging out with them every night. My family would be like stay at home, Andrews is like come on down. So I hung out while I continued to cough. I have pulled a back muscle and a couple of ribs from coughing so much. I am hoping that I will feel better soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment