Here I Go

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Vegas

This was my first trip to Vegas and Andrews second. A great time was had by all. It is hard to fathom all of the lights, the casinos, restaurants, hotels and they were all packed full of people. The first day we got in around 1:30pm. Andrews’s sister went to college with a guy that lives out there. He took us out to the Las Vegas sign and showed us around a little bit.


 We stayed at the Luxor which was cool but not nearly as impressive as some of the other places. We pretty much dropped off our bags and started to explore the hotel.


That night we went to a show called Absinthe. It was right in front of the Caesars palace. It was hilarious, raunchy, politically incorrect and tiptoed on lots of inappropriateness.   None the less it was hilarious.

The first night we were quite lame and were in bed by 11:30pm. In our defense we were up for about 24 hours with the whole time change. The second day we got up and walked up and down the strip. Our dogs were a barking. Vegas is enormous. We must have covered seven plus miles. That night we decided to go to a steakhouse for dinner. We asked around and this lady recommended going to Old Vegas. We hopped in a taxi and checked out Freemont Street. It was funny to see the different caliber of people. I saw more people with missing extremities and oxygen tanks than people with all of their limbs in Old Vegas. Our dinner was subpar at best but it was cool to see all of the glitz and glimmer of what used to be the “strip”.  Plus we had a lot better luck at the older casinos.






Saturday we saw the shark reef at Mandalay Bay, had a brunch buffet and took a cab down to the center of the strip.




 Lots more gambling, shopping and exploring.  That night we went the Bellagio had a delicious dinner and then saw Cirque du Soleil O, the water one.  We heard rave reviews but in my professional show seeing opinion it was just ok.  I liked the one we saw a lot better at Germain Arena.  After the show Andrews sister and brother called it a night.  It was our last night there so we decided to go back down down to our favorite casino.  It was a dive casino and is actually being torn down in 6 months.  They didn't have automatic shufflers so we felt that we did much better (ha ha ha).  I actually ended up on a pretty nice run.  I kept all of my chips in my pockets.  Every time I exchanged money and started winning I would take how much I bought in for and put it in my right pocket.  Then every time I started winning I would put those chips in my left pocket.  I would keep a couple chips in my hand at all times.  Andrew and the dealer were shocked when we went to cash out and I had about 250 dollars worth of winnings in my pocket!  

Vegas definitely sparked my inner gambler. I definitely could see how people can get addicted. I wanted just one more hit, one more spin, and one more game. I was pretty good about walking away and definitely am a pretty conservative gambler. Now I find myself doing number drills and practicing on when I would hit, double down, etc.  I guess you know where you will find me on Friday night…..yup at the Immokalee casino.  Ole Vegas was not as kind to Peasey.


One of my winnings......lost it all ten minutes later


Things I would do different.  I would stay on the main part of the strip. The taxi rides added up and it seems that’s where we mostly hung out. I would definitely keep my winnings separate. I really don’t know how much I won or spent because they co-mingled. I know I didn’t gamble with more than a hundred dollars and probably won 200. I can’t be for sure though. That is about it!  Love love love love Vegas.


No comments:

Post a Comment