Here I Go

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Middle Age




Saturday I woke up, put on my new yoga gear and headed out to the studio.  When I pulled into the parking lot not a car was in sight and to make a long story it short it looks like the studio I have been stalking is out of business.  So I gave up on yoga and decided to go to Lowes and pick up some tiles for this project that I have been thinking about (more on that later).  After that I went home, made a cup of coffee and grabbed a pad of paper to make a grocery list.  At that very second is when I realized that I am officially middle age.  Of course I am 30 but now I am not only 30 but I also officially feel middle age.  So I drank my coffee, made my list and was very content with my new conclusion.  After that Peasey and I schemed our new bedroom and the furniture that we are eying.  We had to make a couple of adjustments but I think it would like quite swell in our bedroom.
















Before I went to the grocery store I wanted to stop by Joanns to satisfy my new found calling for being crafty. Let me put this out there........I have zero, ziltch, nada craftiness in me.    Usually I walk into Joanns and think yeah that would be a good idea to make and by make I mean someone else make.  I have been looking lots at Pinterst and decided I needed to make these coasters I saw.  I couldn't stop thinking about it, you know because the coasters I had all of the sudden became so drab.    I also saw this monogram sign thing and decided I needed to make that too.  I gathered all of my supplies and actually made the stuff and I am quite pleased with the end results.  I was also super duper excited when I saw the sign that said 50% off  all classes.   I decided to sign up for my sewing class and take my first class in a couple of weeks.  Watch out!  I will be making pillow before you know it. 



Overall it was a good weekend.  I think I am getting used to having two days off a week.  It is nice to actually get stuff done around the house and not feel guilty about not doing something more exciting.   I even made dinner which is probably the first time in about a year.  I make quick dinners every once in a while ie: grilled cheese and soup, macaroni and cheese, cereal......yup that is about the extent of it.  I was very proud of my homemade meat loaf and mashed potatoes.  It was delicious if I do say so myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment