Yoga Studio
The studio wasn't all that it was cracked to be. Maybe it was the price of 18 dollars a class. Maybe it was all of the people meditating in weird poses when I walked in. Maybe it was the overall stuffiness of the studio. Either way I probably won't be making this place my new destination for working out. I will give it this, they definitely take yoga to a 'whole notha level'. I am super duper sore and it is Wednesday......my last class was Sunday.
Customer Service
I think customer service has gone to the wayside. Seriously what the hell has happened. I am sure it doesn't help that most workers are doing the work of two people and are probably under paid. But still. We went to this new pizza place this weekend which just happens to be the same place where 3 pizza places previously have been. All of the pizza places prior were pretty decent places and they didn't work out for various reasons. So you would think this new owner would take all of this into consideration and maybe say hi when customers would walk in. Nope, instead he sat at the bar, right next to the door, with his back towards the door. We were two of the four people in the place and he didn't even acknowledge our existence. Seriously buddy you aren't going to make it, especially with the lack of customer service. It doesn't matter how good your pizza is. There are 30 other pizza places offering pizza in the area.
I am a firm belief on customer service. If I don't get acknowledged within a couple of minutes of walking in the door I probably wont be going back. I don't care how good the food is, how good your product is, if you don't have the decency to say hello I am not giving you my business. The yoga studio was that way. The lady acted like it was a chore checking me in versus welcoming me. I have noticed that at the one hospital I work at if you call the operator and ask if you can be connected to the 4th floor they end the call with, "my pleasure." Two simple words make all of the difference in the world. On the contrary the other hospital I work just transfers the call. There is no sure, yeah, one second, please hold. The lack of importance of customer service in Florida was one of the hardest things to get used to when I moved down here. Ok stepping down.
Thursday
Today is only Wednesday but it happens to be my Thursday. Which means tomorrow is my Friday. Work weeks are flying by at a rapid pace. I love it. Sunday is my Monday and that is a little hard but really regardless of what day your "Monday" actually falls on it is hard.
Downward dog
I don't know how exactly I got Andrew to agree to going to yoga with me.........on voice recording with a deadline of a month but I did. He was doing downward dog with the best of them. He hated every second of it and I loved every minute of it. I won't make him go again......he interrupts my chi. Ha ha ha just kidding. It was a nice time but definitely not his cup of tea.
Door Ding and a Scratch
It looks as if Lorraine (the almost lemon) is predisposed to scratches as well as door dings. It looks as if she was keyed and then someone tried to rub it and a scratch turned into a bigger problem. Peasey gave her a bath last week and tried to wax out the scratch but it still was there. I decided to take it in and get a quote to see how much it would cost to fix. They attempted to buff out the scratches and gave me a price of $400 to fix compltely. I settled for the scratch but asked about the door ding. They gave me a number and these guys came to my work and in a matter of 45 minutes and $125 dollars my door ding is gone. Now the goal is to avoid further door dings and scratches. I try to park in the back 9 and someone always happens to park right next to me. Oh well. I guess it could be worse.....at least my radio works.
Cooking
Chef Andrew prepares 90% of the meals in our household. He cooks the meal and I clean the dishes. I am ok with our unspoken agreement. I used to cook all of the time but now I have no desire. It could be because he is a pretty good cook or that he isn't really that fun to cook for. He gets that from his family. They analyzes every single thing that they eat or cook. He does it at home, he does it when we are out to eat, he does it at other peoples house. It is like hanging out with your own food critic. Hmmm to much salt, next time I would add onions, to much sauce, to dry, to chewy, delicious, perfect, amazing, great atmosphere, good lighting, etc. He does it with complete class but I was always raised that you appreciate and are grateful for anything that is cooked for you. We never critiqued my moms cooking. So due to all of his analyzing he has become the appointed cook and I am perfectly ok with our arrangement.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment