There have been many hours, days, weeks and months that I thought that I wouldn't make it to "this point". This has been one of the most challenging things that I have done (thus far). Today was my last day of the didactic portion of PA school. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I thought about quitting.
The first few months I was terrified that I was in over my head and I was so scared that I was going to "let myself down". The funny thing about putting all your eggs in one basket is that it makes you work that much harder; because really how do you go about quitting something you worked so hard for? I remember not feeling "good enough"; studying thirty hours for a test and failing can make you feel that way. I remember wondering how I was possibly going to make it if I couldn't pass a test and then I remember the "turning point". The point where I said I am not quitting without a hell of a fight and if they want to kick me out.....it is going to be with me kicking and screaming. Eventually I started believing in myself .
To say I am ecstatic would be an understatement, to say I am giddy wound not even begin to describe my emotional state right now; I am grinning ear to ear. I wouldn't have made it to this point without the support of my wonderful, fabulous, magnificent boyfriend. He has watched me beat myself up, listened to me cry and has understood when most nights studying came before him. He has been my rock along with my PA friends and there is no way that I could have made it without all of their support.
I have always told myself that I just needed to get to "this point" and than it would be smooth sailing. (ha ha you have to tell yourself little white lies every once in awhile.) I know I am far from smooth sailing but I have made it to "this point" and now I just have to make it to the "next point" which just happens to be a year. There is no turning back now!!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment