Here I Go

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Moving on Up

Well it is official.....I finally have moved in to Andrew's place of residence. Needless to say I am not big on change and I have been dragging my feet for a LONG time. I think this weekend I finally figured it out. This move means giving up a piece of me that I worked so hard for. I know "stuff" doesn't define who you are but emotions do. At one time, my little condo was my pride and joy, it was something that I worked so hard for and was so proud of. Every time I pulled into my parking spot, put the key in and opened the door there lay my accomplishments.....the place that I called home. Anything that requires you to sign your name a couple hundred times you know is important. It was my first home and every time I thought about it I grinned ear to ear. It was all mine.........well mostly the banks but lets not fret over logistics. That little home holds a lot of hard work and memories. Granted towards the end I developed a little animosity ......especially after the flood of '08 and then the flood of '09 and the housing crash. But even with all of these "mishaps" I still hold a special little place in my heart for my first home. So as I shut the door today I said goodbye to all of these things and to that tiny little piece of "me."

I do realize that with every door we close another one is wide open and awaiting new adventures. I am excited to take this next step with Andrew. I have "practically" lived here but now I get to really call this place my home and I can no longer say I have nothing to wear; after more than a year all of my stuff is under one roof (Ha ha ha he quickly pointed that out). We are going to paint a little and add a little bit of me to create an "us" motif. It is going to be fun and as far as of all my hesitations from earlier I am going to tackle them one at a time. I think now I realize that it all stems from "letting go". So here are to new beginnings with the one I love! I am finally ready to embark on this new adventure!

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya! Everything will work out for the best! happy adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the ride Marquis! It only gets better when you're with the one you love.

    ReplyDelete