Here I Go

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Buyers Remorse

I have what you call, a serious case of buyers remorse. I am so so so so so over my condo. So thankfully the light was hitting the hardwood floor just right and I noticed that it was bubbling up (which means water is the culprit). So Monday night, Andrew and I went back to Naples to figure out what the heck was going on. We pulled out the washer and dryer and the wall was soaked. You could just touch the wall and it disintegrated.

Gotta love Andrew repeatedly saying. "oh this is bad.....real bad." The picture above is before we even tore out the floor or the majority of the wall. To make a long story short the water was coming from the cold water spicket. I guess it was leaking where it was supposed to be soutered together but how would you ever know? The floor under the washer and dryer was covered in mold and all had to come up. Hopefully we can just patch it up and salvage the main area. I guess the good news is it isn't the drain but the bad news is that the bathtub still isn't draining. I just sucked it up and hired a guy and said fix it! So supposedly the spicket is an easy fix......now it is just a matter of fixing the bathtub drain. Another good thing is where it is situated you can enter the drain from two wall (both inside of a closet). My philosophy is tear away.......just don't tear up the new bathroom and hopefully he can fix my ailing house once and for all!!! 2 major water leaks in 4 months is a lot to handle!

2 comments:

  1. Ugggghhhh! You and that house! soon enough you will be able to build a house all on your own, or at least with some help of Andrew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marquis...I'm so sorry. I have to say that I'm giggling because I KNOW your pain! Dave and I have totally gone through all of that...and still are. Our floors by the baywindow are all ruined and we still haven't found the culprit!

    Our worse so far is raw sewage spewing out of our shower drain filling the entire bathroom and almost making it to the bedroom. I'm laughing about it thinking about Dave in there with a towel yelling, "WHAT DO I DO?"
    LMAO!!
    Let us know if you ever need any help!!!!!

    ReplyDelete