Here I Go

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Questioning

It is hard to ask questions when there aren't any satisfying answers. It seems that this week my thoughts have been "rumbled". It is difficult to understand why things happen, especially when you can't finish the statement with "everything happens for a reason."

This weekend I happened to be reading a friends blogs and I clicked on one of their friends links and next thing you know I was reading a blog about a family with a baby girl that just had been diagnosed with cancer. (I know I need to sign up for a blogger help group).

I found it intiriguing in multiple ways but was initially caught by the medical aspect and the way this family handled and documented their journey. To make a short story short she wasn't feeling well, went back to the dr, was admitted to the hospital, diagnosed with cancer, underwent surgery, chemo and in less than 2 weeks she passed away. One minute you are relishing in your childs first Christmas, first tooth, first smile and all of your dreams for them and the next you are saying goodbye way too soon. I guess it just shakes your view of life, the fairness, reasons and just why. Like I said, I don't even know this family but my heart goes out to them and I have thought of them many times this week.

http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/


So this is a week of thinking. It feels like there are lots of thoughts consuming my mind. I guess it is just another reminder to live life to its fullest and cherish all moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment