Here I Go

Monday, November 6, 2006

A Week


It has been a week so I thought I better update. Steve got the word on Friday that Tuesday would be his last day of work. He is really leaning towards going to school and finishing his degree. He is taking Wednesday to get everything straightened out. He called a bunch of hurricane shutter companies and they said they are going to be hiring at the end of the month. I am hoping that he goes back to school. It stinks having to hope for hurricanes so the shutter business will be booming therefore allowing Steve to have a job. It would be nice to have something a little more steady, but what ever he chooses I am going to support him 100%.

As for the weekend, it was nice and relaxing. We went to the Naples zoo on Saturday and enjoyed a day of boating on Sunday. Just Steve and I went out. I caught a big fish with TEETH and Steve caught a lot of bait fish. He is getting so excited to go home for hunting. The Fred Bear ballad has been his theme song for the last week.

Steve is going to work for someone from Croswell, he has work till the new year. Today he spent the day trying to prove that he has been in state for the past year. He had the chance to talk to an advisor about all of his options. He either is going to have to take all of his classes at FGCU in Ft. Myers or get an associate degree down at Edison that does not transfer to any other college. Hmmmm......More on that later.

Tomorrow I am going to Sarasota with a few people from work to see Dr. Ike. He is the head of our office of people and culture. He used to be a preacher and is a phenomenal speaker. Steve and I saw him at our annual meeting and he even had Steve in stitches. He is extremely motivational and makes you feel like that you can accomplish anything......I am sure tomorrow I will come home wanting to be the President of the US. I also am getting involved in the Boys and Girls Club and I have my first meeting tomorrow. It is going to be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment