Here I Go

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

It's a......

BOY!

I can't even believe that I have a baby nor that said baby is a BOY.  Let me back up......we woke up on Saturday morning (June 2nd) and it was a beautiful day.  We decided to go on the boat as it was going to probably be our last time out before the baby arrived.  We kept it low key as I was 38 weeks and 2 days.  Our besties the Morgan's came out with us too. Nature was really putting on a show that day...there were dolphins that swam by our boat all afternoon, manatees, snakes, turtles, birds etc.  It was the absolute perfect day. I sort of had a hunch that I was going to deliver that weekend and Andrew thought it was going to be on Saturday. All of our friends thought we were CRAZY and said you are going to be super disappointed because 99% chance that the baby wouldn't be here till its actual due date.  After the boat, we went back to the beach condo and went swimming. The water felt great as my belly was huge!  After swimming, we went to Tijuana Flats had dinner and then went home. I rarely swim in our pool. Maybe twice a year.  When we got home I thought to myself how nice the beach pool was and I took a dip. After the pool I went upstairs and took a shower. I had every intention of writing on my blog that night. Minutes after the shower I felt a gush and thought to myself well that is weird. I callled for Andrew who came running upstairs and I said my water just broke. He said, "no way" and then practically started hyperventilating. I kept telling him to breathe. I wasn't having any contractions so I knew we had LOTS of time. He was running around like a chicken with his head cut off. He begrudgily took my last maternity photos before we headed to hospital. At one point I contemplated calling him his own taxi. Ha ha

I walked into the hospital looking good. Ha ha. I am pretty sure we were the type of people that they
always talk about. I did my hair, had a cute outfit on and wasn't in a bit of pain. Nurse hatchet checked me in and I was sent up to my hospital room. Everything else is sort of a blur after that point. I know that I started having contractions around midnight and then intensified around 2am and at that point I started asking for something for pain.  I was initially given nitrous oxide which didn't do very much. I asked for the epidural around this point. After the epidural laboring was easy peasy. I slept the rest of the night and when I woke up in the monring I was 8cm. We called my dad and told him to head on down. We were even placing bets on what time the baby was going to come.  Shortly after that everything stalled out.  My nurse suggested I go on all 4's and while doing so my epidural came out, then my IV infiltrated and the baby was in distress.   My CRNA wasn't very keen on putting another epidural in especially since I was 9cm but the nurse said I had a lot longer to go. Not to mention I don’t know if I could have done it without an epidural. Once the epidural was placed AGAIN and my IV the baby and I settled down.  Around 2pm I was 10 cm and the nurse thought I could start pushing. I pushed for 2.5 hours and the baby didn't even move. At that time the doctor suggested a c section and I agreed.

They immediately  took me to the OR and performed the c-section. Andrew was able to announce  that it was a BOY. I was in disbelief. I was certain it was a girl.  The nurse cleaned him up a little bit and placed him on my chest. Andrew and I were bawling like babies.  The OR team asked us if our tears were happy which we said yes! It wasn't the birth plan I was hoping for but the outcome was still the same.  We ended up with a healthy baby.

Oh Mr. Handsome, you were worth the wait.  You are everything I have ever wanted and are everything I didn't really know I was missing. You have rocked my world since the very second the nurse put you on my chest. Everything everyone has said is true. The instant amount of love that you experience is indescribable and I feel that I wasn't whole before you. I honestly can't imagine my life without you in it.   I am your mama and I am so thankful that you chose me.

No comments:

Post a Comment