It actually worked out nicely. We went back to where it all began. We have been on the go lots lately. So much in fact that our neighbors just asked what exotic place are we going to this weekend? Andrew planned the same thing for year #2 and we had a great time. Something about going back to where we first met, got engaged and married ques the nostalgia. On a side note, I am pretty sure Andrew was conceived there too!. Lots of amazing memories!
We packed our bags, gave shotzie enough food and headed down to the beach on Friday night. We had dinner reservations at a restaurant and in our fashion we didn't call till the night before so we couldn't get a table until after sunset. We grabbed a drink at a place next door and watched the sunset. Then we looked at each other and said you know what would be more fun? Grabbing a pizza and heading home. Unfortunately we learned that if our house is within a 200 mile radius, you bet your bottom dollar we are going to make any type of excuse to sleep in our own bed. So we did just that. We grabbed a pizza and slept in our own bed. Saturday morning we repacked our car, said goodbye to shotzie and headed south. We went to the first farmers marker of the season and then took the boat out all day. It was heaven and the weather was perfect. It was great way to celebrate our anniversary. Stay tuned for our annual anniversary picture.
I am not going to say it has always been easy and it hasn't always been fun but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am glad I have my biggest fan, friend, supporter by my side. It definitely makes navigating through life more fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment