Here I Go

Thursday, November 24, 2011

How I Saved My Marriage

You know how a wallet has slots for credit cards, licenses, etc?  Well mine never seem to find their way back into the assigned slots.  I usually just throw them in the wallet or purse or pocket.   Lets just say this drives Andrew crazy.  He will always try to catch me, "ummm do you know where your AMEX is?"  I usually say in my wallet and then he gives the "ha, I found it in your pocket."  It never really is that big of a deal because in the long run I always find it.  So with that being said lets skip ahead to Tuesday night.

I was flying to Buffalo to meet Andrew for Thanksgiving.  I kept joking with him about getting sick or accidentally missing my flight.   I managed to do all of the things on my list prior to leaving for the airport.  I arranged for a cat sitter, packed my bags and even allowed ample amount of time (60 minutes) to get to airport in enough time for flight.  I parked in long term parking and waited in line to check in.  When I got to the counter the lady asked for my license.  I looked for me in my drivers license spot......nope not there.  I started thumbing through all of the spots.  At this point I left the counter and went to the back of the line.  I searched and searched and searched and couldn't find my license anywhere.  I started to panic because all I could think about was having to call Andrew to tell him I wasn't on the plane and the reason why.  He would have certainly filed for divorce.  So I go back to the counter and tell the lady I can't find my license and she said that I could still go I would just have to go through extra security.  That would be fine and dandy in Fort Myers but I can't imagine that would work in New York and I sure as heck wouldn't want New York to keep me. Don't ask me why but I got to thinking and thought just maybe I had my passport in my car.

I quickly processed each scenario......go to car and see if just maybe I had my passport in car and chance missing flight or try and go through security without an identity or anything that shows my new married name.  I decided to high knee it through the airport, towards arrivals, out the door, across the parking lot and to the shuttle.  It just happened to be the same guy that dropped me off 10 minutes earlier.  I was huffing and puffing and said, "pl-ea-se take me to l-o-n-g term pa-rk-ing lot." I had 15 minutes before boarding started and I was silently scolding myself about arriving only an hour early.  So I made it to my car and looked and sure enough there was my passport.  I grabbed it, jumped on another shuttle bus and ran all the way to the gate.  I had 5 minutes to spare and that folks is how I saved my marriage.  Because guarantee if I didn't make that flight I would have never ever lived it down..........not in a million years.

No comments:

Post a Comment