Here I Go

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

1927

There is a little bit of a discrepancy on when my Grams was actually born.  Apparently the place that housed her birth certificate burned down so over the years we celebrated it on June 6th but it could have also been the 7th.  Either way this year we decided to celebrate with a luau.  We usually celebrate her birthday at Iguana Mia (think Mexican restaurant with big cheesy sombrero) but we diverted from tradition and decided to have her party at our house. 

Grams celebrating her 84th birthday.

There were lots of days that we didn't think she was going to make it to see another birthday (not to sound morbid).  It was quite the celebration to see Grams healthy and well for number 84  She definitely isn't able to do the things she used to do but that hasn't put a damper on her spirits.  She still is a happy, positive, sweet little lady; despite the fact that she has to completely rely on others for simple activities. 

 Whoops I need a little practice taking pictures on a timer.  My family was heckling me saying that I was like my Grandpa.  Apparently he also had a little difficulty with cameras and it was always a process to take a picture.  Yup.....I am the same way........which is probably why I never end up taking very many pictures.




Andrew playing with the kids

No comments:

Post a Comment