I can't believe that 16 weeks from today I will be doing the happy jig across the stage to accept my diploma. I have a hard time grasping that I am so close to finishing, so close to freedom, so close to having a real job. I can hardly wait! Tomorrow I start my new 6 week gig. I am hoping it goes by just as fast as the others. Surprisingly I am quite nervous about it. At the last minute I decided to do an elective rotation in Plastic Surgery. I hope I made the right decision. I figure it will give me enough time to study for the PANCE (national certification exam I have to take before I can start practicing) and plan for the wedding. I am also hoping that I learn some good suturing techniques and possible potential future part time work. I am nervous because I have a feeling that I won't be focusing on the more "important" things that I will most likely be using on a daily basis. I guess I just need to be diligent about studying in my free time. (Ha ha what free time)
I have decided to jump on the bandwagon of "wedding planning". It isn't going to plan itself and no one is planning it for me. So I have decided to start making decisions and to get excited. I had a friend ask me if I even wanted to get married. She kept asking questions, "when is your bridal shower", "when is your bachelorette party" "where is rehearsal dinner" "what are the guys wearing" "what time is the wedding" my answer "I don't know, I don't know, I don't know." I just have been putting all of these "details" on the back burner and thinking about other things (school, studying, paper, etc.). But like I said it isn't going to plan itself and I really do want to get married. I just wish someone else could handle all of the nitty gritty.
Really it has to do with being overwhelmed. When I am overwhelmed/stressed I just try to push everything out of my mind. When I think of all that needs to be done, I get overwhelmed. So right now I decided to take everything one task at a time. Surprisingly the last couple of days I have made a turn for the better, I have been reading all kinds of wedding tips, blogs, magazines, do it yourself ideas and I am quite excited. I have all kinds of neat things I want to incorporate into our big day. I want it to be perfect (surprise surprise.....who doesn't)so I really need to start paying attention to all of the "details". This week my goal is to finalize color (yeah I know.....I can't believe I don't have it either) and bridesmaid dresses. On a productive note, we did pick our florist and have made progress with that. We also just got our official engagment pictures taken. I can't wait to see the final product. Oh and this week we purchased Andrew's ring! So now we just have 8,347 things left to do, either way it feels good to cross things off the list.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment