Here I Go

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Meaning of Life

While I have been absent from the blog world I have been working on BIG things. I mean really big things.

I have been working on discovering a definition for the "meaning of life" and I am pretty sure I am close to answering it. Some days I get all giddy because I think I have it but when I go to explain it I have a hard time transferring my thoughts into words. I want to shout from roof tops, put the message on billboards and perhaps run for some type of office. But somewhere in my thoughts I have realized that no two people necessairly will have the same definition.

So this is what the "meaning of life is compiled of":
The pitter patter of my heart when I see the ones I love
Sleeping in on Saturday morning
The alive feeling I get when exercising
The sweet smell of babies and their little toes
Family and the history that makes us who we are
Friends that make me laugh, make me think and inspire me to be a better person
My kitties loud purr and her insistence on laying 2 inches away from my face
The innocence of children
The love a couple still has for each other that have been together for over a decade
Reading a book while enjoying the beauty of the outdoors
The power that is greater than myself
Health

For me at this point, the "meaning of life" is complied of as loving and being loved by my sweetie, having a great group of friends, my supportive family, waking up everyday and attempting to live in the now, not letting negativity into my life, taking the time to listen, never forgetting that life is too short and to seize the moment.

So in my attempt to solve the great mystery of the meaning of life I have discovered that it is compiled of many things and not just one word or thing can describe it. All of the things that I have listed make up the meaning of my life and keep me going day after day. Life is to short to hold on to regret, to short to get bent out of shape about things that aren't really going to matter in the next year, and to short not to live each day for the 24 hours it is compiled of. I understand that it continues to change as we age but I hope I never forget the small stuff along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment