The party was supposed to start at 6:30, we got there at 6:10 and there was already 20+ people there. I didn't even have time to get nervous. Andrew and I took our place by the door and a "receiving line" formed and everyone stood in line to congratulate us. We stood there for close to 2 hours and I swear the line never died down. It was so cute to hear how absolutely wonderful Andrew is. To say that he comes with high regards would be an understatement.
My favorite part was seeing all the couples that are still in love and hearing all of the advice. One guy pulled out a picture of him and his sweetheart from 50 years ago and said, "never forget when you look like this." Another said, "Never go bed mad." "A relationship is 50/50". "Don't sweat the small stuff." "Keep on laughing.....eventually all of the other stuff goes." "She is always right....at least let her thing that."
The energy was amazing or at least it was from my position in line. We had to cut our greeting short because we ran out of food (75 people showed up that didn't RSVP). Andrew gave a speech and thanked everyone for coming and introduced our families and then we watched a video that my sister put together for us. It was the perfect touch to the end of a wonderful evening. I can't even begin to express how thankful I am for all of our friends and families generosity, their love and support. I am beyond one lucky girl!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNZsVwNN5-I








No comments:
Post a Comment