Here I Go

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Oh the places I will go.......

Dr. Suess is so darn inspiring. Who would have ever thought that silly poems would have so much meaning? I feel that my life flows quite well with the book. At the beginning of the summer I embarked on a new journey and I have now just approached the waiting place........

"You can get so confused

that you'll start in to race

down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace

and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space,

headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.

THE WAITING PLACE


.......for people just waiting.

Waiting for a train to go

or a bus to come, or a place to go

or the mail to come, or the rain to go

or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow

or waiting around for a Yes or No

or waiting for their hair to grow.

Everyone is just waiting

So I feel that I am now waiting.....waiting for the weekends.....waiting for a break.....waiting for the next test to be over.......waiting for school to be over. Waiting till I can really start my life. Well as Dr. Seuss puts it, that if you are just waiting, then life may pass you by. Well, at least that is what I interpret.

So I can't believe me. I have longed for days to myself, without any responsibility and ironically enough I don't even know what to do with myself. Ha ha ha I am unbelievable!

Oh I have a funny story. Andrew and I went on the boat last weekend and I am a big wimp and do not "do cold water". So I mentioned this when we arrived at our destination and realized that getting to the restaurant consisted of jumping out of the boat; chest high FREEZING water and a long walk towards the restaurant. Andrew graciously enough offered to give me a ride on his shoulders. My job consisted of holding the wallets, dry shirts, cell phones, shoes, etc. Well we get on land and no joke he got a standing ovation. It was quite humiliating. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment