Here I Go

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

That time of year

It is finally that time of the year........... The time of the year that I anxiously look at the weather report and look at the temperature of all the northern states and smile when I see 30 degrees and the chance of snow. It is absolutely beautiful down here. We have our windows open, winter bedding on and jeans out (well I do). Shotzie strolls from window to window and gives a joyful meow every time she sees a bird outside. Enough bragging.

Life has been completely crazy. We both have been working lots and going to school. I am pretty much a genius in my chemistry class. I just got the highest grade in the class and have even contemplated becoming a chemist. (Just kidding) I am really shooting for a 4.0 this semester. Work is getting better. This week I don't feel like abandoning the civilized world and living in a secluded area with only family members, select friends, and the Internet. I really just have to remind myself to take deep breaths and let all the annoying people be annoying. Here I go.......I just want to mention a few of the crazies that I have encountered in the last couple of weeks.

Old cheap women-
These lovely ladies sat in my section during the lunch rush for approximately 2 hours. I refilled their iced teas, on numerous occasions attempted to give them the "hurry the hell up eye". Needless to say they completely ignored my hints and continued to sit. The kicker is when they went to pay they proceeded to ask for change for their 3 dollars. They wanted 2 one dollar bills and 4 quarters so they could evenly split their tab.

Middle Aged women-
I had these two ladies sit in my section on a Saturday when we were absolutely hopping. They sat and sat and sat and sat, as we were on a wait. Then they had the nerve to say, "just let us know when you want us to leave." I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying I wanted you to leave an hour ago.

Foreigners-
As much as I would like to like our foreign friends, it is guaranteed that you aren't going to get tipped. I would recommend that if you ever visit a foreign country that you take the time to learn about their customs and maybe a little bit of their language. A couple a days ago some foreign guests came in and didn't know a lick of English. Well I take that back they knew, "Hi.....we are strangers.........we want fish" The suckey thing is when a person doesn't tip you, then you are paying for them to eat there. No matter what their bill comes to I have to pay 7% of their bar bill to the bartenders and 4% of the food sales to the bussers and food runners.

Phew......enough ranting. This week has been much better. Like I said I am trying to take everything with a grain of salt and it is pure motivation to stay in school.

Speaking of school.......the school that I am planning on going to in June is moving to Ft. Myers (45 miles away from home 1 way). Steve and I might be moving up to Ft. Myers. Let us know if you know of anyone that wants to rent a sweet condo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment