Here I Go

Monday, December 18, 2006

She is a tough old bird


It has been awhile since my last blog. Things have been completley hectic. My Grams had a stroke and I have been spending a lot of time in the hospital. My Grams is an amazing women and it is so hard to see her like this. I am so lucky to work for a great company that insisted that I spend the first few days with her at the hospital. It was hard seeing her lay helpless when just last week she was buzzing around town. She is a stubborn women and all of this proably could have been avoided if she would have listened to her warning signs but she didn't want to go to the hospital.

At this point Grams is trapped in her body. She still has no mobility in her left arm and her left leg is still really weak. They are talking about releasing her next Saturday. It is going to be a lot of work though because she can barely walk. They still have her on thickened liquids and she is so sneaky she will ask for just a sip of coke. You feel so bad and almost give in but the Dr. says she doesn’t have control of her swallowing and it is going straight to her lungs. Yesterday she got to escape from the hospital for a couple of hours and we spent the afternoon at her home. She was happy as a lark. She talked to my Uncle in Arizona and she told him, "don't worry about me, I am a tough old bird." We are all hoping her strength will make for a speedy recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment