Here I Go

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

GRRRR Part II

STEVE'S PERSPECTIVE
So today starts off as everyday after Christmas does,a little groggy, still full from the day before, and semi-intoxicated. So to follow up from GRRRR part I, I remember that the boat is not on the trailer but it is still in the water tied to a dock.......I should probably go check on it.

MARQUIS' PERSPECTIVE
Around nine this morning I said Steve you probably should go check on the boat. "Yeah, I will sometime today." Mind you that it has rained off and on for the past few days. I am no chemist but rain and boats just don't mix. So passive Steve decides to drive by the boat and notices that it is pretty much under water. I get a frantic call around 1 saying come quick, drive fast, run red lights......the boat is sinking. As soon as I get there it starts pouring rain. Steve went and purchased 2 hand held pumps (thank you Tara & Laura for the gift certificate). He had to stand on the front while I was on the back pumping out water as fast as I could. Luckily I called a good friend of ours and we were able to use his man power and pump water as well (thanks Sean Man.....we owe you). The whole incident took about 30 minutes to unload all the water that the boat retained. Now Steve wants to get a boat babysitter that can come check on it to make sure that it isn't sinking. Steve called on a few places today for a trailer and it sounds like we are going to have to get a new one. The sooner it gets out of the water the chance of it sinking diminishes. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures.....it was quite a sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment