Here I Go

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

4th of July 2016

4th of July Weekend
3rd of July is AKA our official anniversary.  I always feel so nostalgic during the time around the fourth......living the life that I envisioned the night I met Peasey.  We decided to have a last minute party and shockingly the weather actually cooperated all weekend.  Unhandy Andy upgraded to Handy Andy. He has been working on projects left and right.  He made a cornhole set that we took down to the beach and a couple of other games.  Having a party at the beach in the past has been pain in the neck because every time someone would come to the party we would have to run over to gate or upstairs to buzz them in We would get a lot of steps in that day.  Some how when they upgraded the phone system they put Andrews cell phone down so it is now a piece of cake.  We brought Easy Peasy (the boat) out front, went tubing couple of times and then took an after sunset cruise. I also lost my new sunglasses and 4th of July hat.....first time losing sunglasses and it hurt.  I bet some dolphin is looking super fly.  

 Handy Andy
Handy Andy also made me a pallet shoe rack and my personal favorite a pallet herb garden.  The plan was to place it upright after the recommended time of letting it lay flat to let the roots settle but the lawn guy whacked the bottom of it and we just let it be.  I also grew tomatoes and harvested a whole 5 cherry tomatoes. I am quite proud of my green thumb.  I try and drop hints of what I would like next but Andrew picks what he wants to do. I guess beggars can't be choosy.  

 Coopers Hawk
We went to a new restaurant in town with some friends. They just had a baby and brought him along. We had a wine tasting and then sat at our table.  Colin (the baby) was probably 5 weeks old and he hung out sleeping in his stroller/car seat combo.  We had this lady come over to our table and she said, "I am sorry to bother you, but I just wanted to tell you we have kids at home and we are on a date......." I was ready to flip the table over, I thought for sure she was ready to baby shame my friend for having brand new baby out at a resturuant and drinking. BUT she said, "we are super impressed you are out and it is so important to continue to do things and we want to buy you a bottle of wine."  It was so nice to hear someone complimenting someone versus tearing them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment