Last weekend I watched my dads store while he went to a funeral. I used to be a frequent flyer at his store when I lived in Naples but over the last few years I haven't been there as much. One of my first customers happened to be the owner of the restaurant next door. I haven't seen him in about three years or so. We shot the shit and he ended the conversation with, "wow, I just can't believe it...... you are all grown up." So this guy is probably late 40's and lets do some math real fast. I haven't seen the guy in three years so that would put me at 27 and I feel at the ripe age of 27 you would still be considered "grown up". This is a saying that old people say to a child/teenager. "Wow Susie q I can't believe how grown up you are." So the way I took this is "Wow, I haven't seen you in three years and in those three years you have really AGED." Damn the clarisonic.
Ok so maybe you think I am twisting words but the next male customer that walked in says, "Oh you must be the owners wife." EXCUSE ME???? Ummmm that would be my 60 year old dad which would make me his DAUGHTER. The guy didn't even apologize.......he kept on digging. I finally asked the guy how old do you think I am? "Oh I never can tell how old a person is. It runs in my family. My dad can't tell how old people are either." Oh right since it is "runs in the family" I will forgive you......NOT. Needless to say he paid top dollar for his shipping!
Maybe my dad needs to invest in some new lighting. Either way I left the store with a little less self esteem. I even tried to brush it off as a "bad" day. I worked on Sunday and went into one of my patients rooms and chit chatted with her daughter (50 years old). We talked about exercising, workout clothes, her mom, etc. She was sweet as can be....or so I thought. The next day the other PA and I were rounding together and she went into the room and said I work with Marquis and she pointed to me. I was outside of the room but still could be seen through the window. The patients daughter says, "No I have never met that lady. The person I met was a lot younger." EXCUSE ME????? 3 times in one week. Sign me up for some botox!!! Ha ha ha I kid.
I feel like I look soooo old right now too. Rest assured, you do NOT look old!!!! Im jealous!
ReplyDelete