I know I sound like a broken record but honestly this was one of the most challenging things I have ever done thus far in my life. I have been stressed to the max, cried more times than I would like to admit, fallen, dusted myself off, fallen again and again and again. But you know what? For every time I fell, I got back up. For every time I thought I was defeated, I pushed on.
At the beginning of this journey if you asked me how it was going I would have told you the bitter truth...... it was awful but just as time heals all wounds it all helps you forget the really bad. Sometimes I ask myself was it really that awful? A year ago I would have said yes. Now I can say well maybe it wasn't really that bad. Would I do it again you ask? Ask me in a couple of months. Right now I can't give you that answer. I have had a hell of a journey, made great friends and learned that I am capable of even surprising myself. And that in itself has made it completely worth it.
It is funny how something so "bad, tough, brutal, etc" can bring really so much joy. Like I said I have made so many great friends.....real friends. Friends that you can count on no matter what and friends that were cheering right along with me. It was amazing to be apart of such a great support group. It is relationships you can only dream of.
So today as I proudly walk across that stage to accept my hard earned diploma I do it was such pride. More days than not I didn't think I was ever going to make it to this point, didn't think I was capable and didn't think I deserved it.
This may seem like a "pat on your back" post and that is exactly what it is. I am patting like nobody's business. Thank you to all of those that believed in me along the way and for those that didn't think I was going to make it, I can't thank you enough for giving me that motivation to prove you wrong!! I did it folks. I am a physician assistant!!!!
YAYAYAYAYAY!!!! Way to go Marquis!! So happy for you and so proud of you. Amazing how time makes us forget isn't it? (I swear that's the ONLY reason why all of us have siblings).
ReplyDeleteA huge congratuations!!
Congratulations! :)
ReplyDelete