Here I Go

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Four Eyes No More

Well I fulfilled one of my wishes a little early.....I had enough of the glasses and contacts and got LASIK. At this point it is still surreal. Last night I was watching tv in bed and would think darn I forgot to take out my contacts when I was getting ready for bed. I had to remind myself that this seeing thing is all me.....no contacts.......no glasses. As part of my bedtime routine, I have taken my contacts out every night for the past 14 years. I guess it is going to be a hard habit to break.

I had the surgery on Thursday and I was so worried about missing time at prison....I mean school, that as soon as my surgery was over I went there. I was told to put drops in every 15 minutes and keep my eyes closed. They said there wouldn't be any pain just discomfort. About an hour post op I was in PAIN.....I couldn't even open my eyes to put my drops in. It hurt to keep my eyes closed. Finally about 3 hours later I called my sister and said, "pick me up....we need to go back to the doctor." So she drove like hell and we made it back before the office closed. They create a flap out of your cornea and it had curled up a little bit which was what was causing all of the pain. He put some anesthetic drops in and put a contact in which sealed down the flap. After that it was smooth sailing. I went back on Friday and he took the contact out and was given the clean bill of health. Everyday my vision is supposed to get better....more clear. One day post op I was already at 20/20. I will take it.

Once it all sinks in......once I get used to not wearing contacts everyday...... I will be on cloud 9. Just the thought of being able to see as soon as I open my eyes in the morning makes me giddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment