It has been such a long time since I posted and it hasn't been lack of "good things" going on. Oh contrary........I had to write a 20 page paper for school so that has consumed my mind. I felt super guilty writing on here when I had the monkey on my back about the grad paper. So here I am but now everything happened so long ago it is hard to write about. Here is the low down......
- Grams fell and broke her wrist in December. She has been in the hospital ever since. She just can't seem to get better. A couple of days before her accident we took her to the Living Christmas Tree. She had a great time and we were able to get some really great family shots. So as soon as she is released from the hospital she is going to go to assisted living. She has finally come to terms with it and at this point is even asking to go. I love my ole bird because through all of this she still never complains. Today I went to the hospital and I broke her out and I wheeled her around the garden. It was a great day and one that I will never forget.
- Christmas was fabulous. Santa was sooooooo good to me. I am so blessed and celebrated 5 Christmases. Andrew's family was in town and this was our first X-mas at home so we attempted to create some of our own traditions. We woke up X-mas morning made coffee and opened our gifts, then we hightailed it down to the beach for breakfast and to watch the little kids open presents, then to the hospital to spend time with Grams, then to my Dad's to celebrate with them, then back to our house where we hosted Christmas dinner. Then after everyone left we picked up Andrew's sister at the airport at midnight. We were exhausted!
- My current rotation is......get this.......... colon rectal surgery. Ha ha ha. I never knew that so many things could go wrong with the "ass". There are hemorrhoids, fissures, fistulas, abscess, incontinence, etc. The first week I was a little unsure but as the weeks have gone by I have gotten my bearings and I am almost enjoying my rotation. I am working my ass off (no pun attended). I work an average of at least 12 hours a day and last week I had to work the weekend too. My dogs are a barking. I had to break down and buy some hideous orthopedic shoes. They are so ugly yet so comfortable. Guess at this point in time ugly wins :)
- Wedding plan is chugging right a long. Some days I feel so overwhelmed and other days I feel right on track. We are having a huge engagement party......420 people are invited. We sent out the invites last week and in a little over 6 days we have already received over 100 RSVP's. My parents and Andrews are going to be there. So I feel like this is our practice wedding. We have so many people on the RSVP list because Andrew works at a country club and wanted to include his members. It is pretty much like your family......you can't just include some without including them all. So of course we can't invite 600 people to a wedding so we are having a big engagement party and a smaller wedding.
- We picked a date......October 9th, 2010. We have the reception hall, have the menu picked out and that is pretty much it. I tried on dresses one day over break and I have some maybes but no definite. Actually I want my mom to be there so my sister and I just scoped the scene. We know who we want in the wedding we just haven't asked yet. The big thing we were waiting on was attempting to find a church to get married in. Andrew and I are a little divided on this issue......or should I say Andrew's grandmother and I are a little divided on this issue. His family is Catholic.....mine is not. I was hoping to find a common ground but all of the Churches around here are auditoriums. Of course we found the most perfect place but it comes with a price tag of 5k. My sister said it best, "Are you kidding, that would make Jesus mad." So as picturesque that is I just can't justify 5k for a 20 minute ceremony. So we are back to the drawing board.
-My mom is eventually going to get down here and between the crazy amount of hours I work we are going to try and get everything done. I know with my sister on it and my mom it will be a perfect day. I can't wait to walk down the aisle and marry my prince and then party with all of the ones we love.
I guess that is it for now. I am going to try and get better about updating this. It is amazing how little time there is in a day lately.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HAAA!!! I wouldn't pay the 5K either. Have you tried St. Anne's? They have a beautiful church as well AND it's catholic. Everyone could be happy. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's YOUR day, do you what you want, have it where you want to have it.. here's my theory that came with a few battles.. "they already had their day, this is mine and I won't steal Ava's because this is mine.. not my problem my mother-in-law didn't do it "her way" the first two times haha. Good luck with the wedding planning. I'm sure it will be beautiful and perfect :)
ReplyDelete-Danielle W
Ha ha ha ha! Thanks for the advice!!!
ReplyDelete