Here I Go

Saturday, November 28, 2009

How it happened

I guess Andrew has been sporting a ring for the past week and if you know Andrew it had to be burning a hole in his pocket. On Thanksgiving he asked to meet at the beach so we could ride down to Naples together......I vetoed that idea. He said he didn't want to push the idea and make me suspicious.

Friday he came home and said I have some bad news......I got a call from the managers at the beach house and there is a water leak so we have to go check it out tonight. So we went shopping and then eventually made our way down there. We walked in and we both start flushing toilets and inspecting the shower, ceiling and all the crevices for a water leak. I was in the kitchen and he said, "come look at this." I walked to the back of the condo and I saw that the door was open to the balcony. I peeked my head around the corner and there he was with flowers, champagne and of course the ring. He got down on one knee and said "this is where we met.....will you marry me."

I love his side of the story. He says I walked out there, saw what was going on, chin hit the floor and wouldn't take any more steps. It is all a blur. To be honest I don't remember him even asking will you marry me, but he insists he did. He says he had a big speech but he barely got out a couple of words.

I am still in awe. I can't take my eyes off my hand.....it is beautiful. And somewhere in the last couple of days I have developed a french accent every time I say the word "fiance". Oh and apparently every time someone says the word fiance I feel like I need to show them my hand......for proof. I have a permanent perma grin!





We met at the beach at a 4th of July party. I am an extremely cautious person but as I watched him interact with all of his guests my heart pitter pattered and I knew at that moment I was going to marry him. Later that night we finally had a chance to talk and I helped him do the dishes and more and more I liked him. We slept in separate twin beds that night (same room) and talked each others ear off. After we realized sleep was not going to be a possibility we sat on the porch with coffee and watched the sun come up. He said he knew at that moment that he was going to marry me.

So that is the significance of the porch at the beach. My feelings have never wavered from that first night....I am just as giddy and excited about our future as I was then.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Marquis,
    I just read this and it made me tear up. Even though I have known for weeks now, reading the actual details made my heart soar for you. So happy for you and Andrew, truly. You two are made for each other. Feeling the love.

    Bess

    ReplyDelete