Here I Go

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bad country song

Last week I felt my life portrayed a bad country song. My car broke down, my computer crashed, my cell phone broke, work was stressful, etc. I however refused to let any of it get to me. I am trying to have a new perspective on life which is pretty easy to have when working at PICU. Really all that happened to me last week was trivial compared to what the children and families are going thru on a daily basis. So last week I just chuckled and took my string of bad luck with a grain of salt.

Last week I was driving to Naples, listening to the radio and there was a contest that said, "finish this song......the seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake. You may dream of going up there but that is a big mistake._______________. Well I was just about jumping in my seat because I was able to finish the lyrics. I have never called a radio station before and I never have been able to name that lyric, which contributed to my excitement even more. I picked up my phone and started dialing in hopes of being the 9th caller. In mid dial they said the prize was a pair of tickets to Disney on Ice which didn't appease to me too much but I still wanted to win. After I tried a few more times and got the busy signal I gave up. Later that night I told Andrew what I did and he was like you know that contest was for kids to call in and finish the song. Ha ha ha. I had no idea. Thank goodness I wasn't the 9th caller. I would have been so excited and they would have said congrats.....how old are you? I would have gleefully said 28. My clip would probably been played over and over again for all the listeners to hear what an idiot I was!

Grams went back to the hospital last week. She was in an extreme amount of pain which led her to another stint in the hospital. This is the downward spiral that is associated with an elderly person breaking a hip. She was released today and they still don't know what was causing her pain. Poor Grams. She just wants to go home and live on her own but right now she can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment