I feel that my life can be defined into the next 8 weeks..........
2 more weeks of class
3 weeks till finals
5 weeks till the cruise
8 1/2 weeks till I no longer will be working
9 weeks to the Naples Triathlon
9 weeks till Pa school starts
9 weeks and one day till my life is officially over~~~
I guess the good news about being so nervous and scared about going to PA school is that I have been picturing the absolute worst. Hopefully I have imagined it to be so hard that it will end up not being so bad. Poor Steve has been taking the brunt of all of my fears. I am hoping some stress will be relieved when school #1 is finished. My non refundable $1000 is due in a couple of weeks so I am sure that will seal the deal; until then I am looking for every sign or clue that says run the other way. Ha ha ha!! 27 months of putting my life on hold, not working and going to school every single day just doesn't sound like something any sane person would sign up for.
On a lighter note.......I have been training for the Naples mini triathlon. I used to run only if someone was chasing me with a very sharp object (so basically never) well I just started last week and I am up to a mile and a half. Minor accomplishment for most; absolutely HUGE for me. I looked up running techniques and have learned how to breathe and I can honestly say I am almost ready for 2 miles. I also have been taking spinning classes and finally can get through one without seeing bright lights at the end of a dark tunnel. I biked 18 miles on Friday and even convinced Steve to go with me. Needless to say I zipped right past him!!! After our spinning adventure we went and did laps in the pool. I swam 150 meters without stopping and another 75meters with some pauses. Not to bad for my first week. The hardest thing for me mentally is going to be the running......physically is going to be the swimming. So the mini triathlon consists of a 3 mile run, 9 mile bike ride and 1/4 mile swim ( in the gulf). I am praying for a nice calm day on the gulf for the day of the race. I have always worked out but it has been fun to kick it up a notch and push myself to do things I didn't think I was necessarily capable of doing. Not to mention it is a great stress reliever!!!
We both have been working so much trying to catch the tail end of season. Our philosophy is work as much as possible right now and capitalize on the money and then start taking time off when the people start to leave town. Last week I worked 7 shifts and have been averaging 6 shifts while continuing to go to school full time. However, this week we were able to spend the afternoon at the beach on Friday and go on the boat on Sunday. Just having a couple of hours a week to relax is enough to rejuvenate me. The weather has been absolutely beautiful here. Sunday we took the boat to Snook Inn, had some lunch, listened to live music and then headed to Keewayhdin. The current was kicking and the water is finally warm enough for me to go into. We even participated in the redneck float. It is great......you walk to the end of the island with your life jacket and of course a tasty beverage. At the end of the island you hop into the water, sit on your life jacket and float down the canal. I will have to post some pictures.........it is quite the sight.
After the boat we came home, got ready and went down to the Naples Music Festival. We caught the tail end of it and saw the Gin Blossoms. It was quite unusual to be walking down 3rd street, drinking beer and listening to 3 different bands. Naples stuffy ways were put on hold for the day.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
ReplyDelete