I have had just enough time off of school to get out of the swing of things. Tomorrow, I start my last 15 weeks of classes before it is off to graduate school. I just started to really enjoy all of my free time and to be able to focus on work without having to worry about homework, studying, quizzes and tests. It will take at least 3 weeks to get back into the swing of things. Steve started classes last week and is adjusting as much as he adjusts. It is amazing to think that we already have been in school for a year. Time flies when you are having fun!
It has been absolutely beautiful this week. We got to take the boat out on Wednesday and had a great day of fishing and sunning. We were going to take it out on Saturday until we realized that some hoodlums vandalized it; they took the radio, cabinet doors, and a bunch of wires. This place is going to hell in a hand basket. Anyway this is not the first time that someone has broken into the boat. We decided it was just a matter of time before they took something big........like the motor. Steve took it to his work and is going to keep it there for the time being.
We started working on the master bathroom. I figured I would mention it now so I could keep track of how long this project is going to take. I have a feeling it is going to be a LONG time. I have the theme song of Sum 41's "We are into deep and I'm trying to keep my head from going under." I would hate to jump to conclusions but I think we may be in to deep. We decided to completely gut the bathroom, remove the bathtub and put in a tile shower. I hate to sound like a pessimist but it just has disaster written all over it. First we (according to the Remodeling your bathroom for dummies) need to remove the concrete, fix the pitch, move the drain and make a new drain. I have lots of confidence in my handyman/boyfriend but when he seems puzzled all I see is cha ching cha ching from when we have to hire a plumber to fix what we weren't able to do in the first place. Don't get me wrong I can't wait for the finished product I just hope it is a lot smoother than our other home repairs. I will post pictures as the progress takes place.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment